Our 12th great annual weekend get together will be Friday August 12 through Sunday August 14, 2011. Like last year, it will be held at Last Duel Park on Big Ben Trail, in Perth Ontario.
Click here for Google Map.
Pre-registration is encouraged, to help us plan. Cost is $15 per person for pre-registration, or $20 at the event. You can pre-register by phone or e-mail to Neil and Maureen.
e-mail: stihllogger (at) yahoo.ca (replace “at” with “@”)
phone: 613 267 6047
Friday August 12
- Arrive any time after mid-afternoon
- Camping (tent, trailer, RV) is available at Last Duel Park
- Perth also offers many other options for accommodation
- 7 pm – there will be an informal Welcome BBQ, so bring your own fixings.
Saturday August 13
- 9 am – 1 pm registration at the park
- 11 am-1 pm – outing to the Garlic Festival, to show off our cars
- 3 pm – Citroen Olympic Games at the park
- 6 pm – Dinner (check out this photo from last year)
- 7:30 pm – Awards from the Games
- 8:00 pm onwards – Socializing and fun
Sunday August 14
- 8:30 am – Breakfast a la francaise, in the park
- 10 am – Driving tour to Charleston Lake, to visit an amazing private collection of cars, motorcycles, and farm equipment, known as “Tack’s Toys”. Travel time is about 45 minutes from Perth. The tour can take as long as you like, but plan on a couple of hours.
- From there, folks are free to make their own way home. Charleston Lake is close to Highway 401 and historic Highway 2, so routes both east and west are easily accessible.
If you missed last year’s fabulous event, you can read about it here.